The Woodstock Fire/Rescue District is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant.
The Woodstock Fire/Rescue District is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. Examples of duties include assisting the Chief and staff with daily operations of the District, managing office functions, providing solid customer service in a liaison role between the public and the District, and many other related duties. This is a full time position working M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Examples of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages department office functions. Schedules appointments, meetings and work assignments. Maintains highest level of confidentiality in the handling of sensitive documents, files, correspondence, and communication. Assists with payroll.
- Answers phone, directs and/or addresses calls and in person station visitors. Responds to public inquiries, complaints and requests.
- Creates and maintains a variety of administrative correspondence, documents, records, files, charts and indexes.
- Assists with the preparation of Board of Trustees meeting agenda packet. Takes meeting notes and prepares meeting minutes.
- Serves as Open Meetings Act (OMA) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) officer for the District.
- Assists the Chief with preparation of the annual budget, tax levy and capital improvement plan. Approves expenditures under the Chief’s direct supervision for District administration and special events budgets.
- Coordinates various District projects, events, and community service projects with volunteers and maintains project lists for such.
- Serves as the District’s webpage coordinator; assisting with design of and enhancements to the page, ensuring timeliness of material on the page, and responding to requests and inquiries submitted via the page.
Minimum Qualifications / Job Requirements
- Associate degree in Office Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ increasingly responsible administrative/office experience in similar public/customer service roles with a demonstrated high quality of work performance. Fire protection district administrative support experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to customer inquiries in a pleasant and professional fashion. Experience with diffusing volatile situations while providing high quality customer service.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite of products (Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency with Quickbooks accounting software.
- Knowledge of laws pertinent to governmental agencies in general and fire protection districts in particular.
- Public servant attitude paired with a team player approach.
- Ability to become a Notary Public.
- Possess a valid driver’s license without record of suspension or revocation in any state.
Starting salary for this role is $20.67/hour (~$43,000/year.) The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, benefit time/paid time off, retirement benefits and more.
Review the full job description and requirements, and apply, by clicking HERE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2017