full screen background image

Natural Gas Leak Causes Evacuation

WOODSTOCK— At approximately 11:30 a.m. October 11th, the Woodstock Fire Rescue District responded to an odor of natural gas at Woodstock High School located at 501 W. South Street, Woodstock. Crews arrived at approximately 11:36 a.m.

Students had been evacuated and Nicor called to the location prior to our arrival.  District 200 staff had already isolated the leak and begun to ventilate the building.  The source of the leak is undetermined; however, it was confined to the science wing of the high school. Crews will remain on scene to assist in identifying the source of the leak.


Press Release 11 OCT 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.